Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sunday Stroll Adventure

I love walking. I love going on walks, and seeing Gods creation every where. I love looking at His beauty and magnitude in nature. Last Sunday i got the pleasure of doing this with some one very sweet

.we went to Dead Timber. a Park about 7 miles out of West Point.
 The Water was a gorgeous blue. It was so clear. I remember coming to this place when I was real young. and the only thing I remember about it was that you could never catch any fish, and that its name was Dead Timber. ....
AS young as I was (maybe 5 or 6) I could not figure out how some one could name a place so beautiful something with the name "Dead" in it.  I still could not figure that out, till just a few days ago. I was thinking of other beautiful things that had to die.  First I thought of our very own Jesus Christ. How he died for us and how beautiful was that picture of an ugly death...
 Then I thought about our flesh and how to be beautiful in Christ we must continually put that to death. And I finally understood why Some one would call such a beautiful place. Dead.

 P.S. We also had a very enjoyable/ romantic walk. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Comments welcome.